What is screen printing and how does it work?
Screen printing is a decorating process where ink is pushed through a woven screen (also called mesh stencil) onto fabric. The ink doesn’t soak into the fabric, but lays on top of the product.
With screen printing, a special screen has to be made for each element and colour of your design. Once that’s done, the colours and elements of the design are applied layer by layer onto the garment. The more layers your design has, the longer it’ll take to print it and the thicker the design will feel on the product.
This decoration process has an order minimum of 12 items.
Pro's to Screen Printing:
- Perfect for large quantities
- Vibrant colors even on dark garments
- Can print on almost any material
- Long lifespan and wash durability
Best Tips for Screen Printing:
- Due to the screen processing, simple designs work best without too much complexity.
- Our max is up to 6 colours, and each colour after the first is an additional cost.